Me, You, Them, Us .. against FIRE!

I bet everyone knows that the month of March is the “Fire Prevention month”. I heard lots of fire accidents on the news these days even if we are celebrating Fire Prevention. I guess there must be wrong with this. I observed people nowadays are so busy that they never even notice these problems. This must be addressed to not just one person but the whole community! Everyone should be responsible enough to maintain peaceful and safe habitat.

It’s been almost five years now since I’ve witnessed a fire. It was when my neighbor’s house was on fire! I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do. I had one question in mind – Why it happened?

Maybe there’s a reason behind it. But my heart was crashed when I saw their daughters inside. They were so young, they didn’t know what’s going on. The only thing they knew was that – they are in danger. Their parents weren’t there. Good thing, some of our neighbors were so brave to get the babies inside. Some also called the fire station. And some did the so called “bayanihan” . We got buckets of water to stop the fire and firemen came. And that’s it! We made it. The babies were safe and we’re happy even though they lost their house.

Sometimes, we could ask ourselves: Why these kind of things happened?

Could you think of some reasons? Is there anybody to blame? .. uhhmmmm

We are the ones responsible for our own actions. And parents are responsible for their children’s behaviour as well.

Especially to cute little ones.. They are as curious as a cat.


But we can avoid and prevent a fire to happen.

March, fire stations will do some fire drills at school. Yes, at schools! For students to be aware of the do’s and dont’s and the reasons why there’s a fire.

*Parents should guide their children (especially the young ones) not to play matches.

*Overloading of outlets can cause fire as well. We charge our cellphones, tablets and even use it when watching TV.

*If electricity is cut, some households use candles and kerosene lamps. It may give us light BUT it’s not as safe as you think it is.

-Candles may melt..


-kerosene lamp may fall and bump off to you.


You may use FLASHLIGHTS. It’s the safest thing ever!

*People cook in order to eat. We eat in order to live. So we must be very careful in cooking. You may think that it’s safe to use liquified petroleum gas or the portable gas stove, but it’s NOT.


Your wish of living longer may end right there if you don’t take care. So if you cook, be mindful of what you’re doing. Some don’t leave what you’re cooking while you are watching TV, chatting, checking their facebook, twitter,etc.

Being responsible in everything we do is a MUST!. It’s up to you on how you’ll going to handle it.

SAFETY FIRST” as they said, and it starts from YOU. We don’t own our lives, we just borrowed it. So “live life to the fullest”. LOVE YOUR LIFE!

By: Doppelganger

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/users/1/ on line 52